Error Initializing QBPOS application log
Encountering error while initializing QBPOS application log? Here, we have provided two different methods of resolving this error. These solutions are easy to implement and can help you in resolving the error. Try Method 1 first, as it will help you in troubleshooting the underlying problem. QB POS hardly encounters errors, still, its errors are arduous to troubleshoot and fix.
Solutions: You would need to try…
- Make amendments to QBPOSShell Folder
- This folder contains the executable file for QBPOSShell.
Follow the steps given below to resolve QBPOS application log error:
- Go To the Task Manager by pressing CTRL+ALT+DEL.
- End the task for QBPOSShell. This can be done by selecting the Processes tab and selecting QBPOSShell. Then right click on the task and select End Process.
- Open windows explorer by hitting Windows+E.
- Set the visibility of hidden items to Visible. Follow these steps to view the hidden items:
- With Windows Explorer as the active window, press ALT.
- Select Tools
- Click on the View tab.
- Mark the radio button beside “Show hidden file tab.”
- Click on Apply and Ok.
- Go to C:\Users\[User Name]\AppData\Local. Click on the Intuit tab placed on your screen then locate QBPOS Shell file with .exe extension.
- Here, find the user.config file and right click on it.
- Select Rename and type in user.configold.
- Now close all the windows and restart your PC.
- Open QB POS. The error should now be resolved.
Make sure to make a copy of user.config before renaming it. This file might get corrupted due to renaming. Also, this is an indispensable file and QB POS will crash without it. Further, do not delete or alter any other file in the QBPOSShell folder. Any modifications to these files can cause errors while using QuickBooks POS.
Logging in through a new user account
If the error wasn’t resolved by following the aforementioned steps, then you can log into QB POS by creating a new admin account in windows. For doing so, follow the steps given below:
- Go to the start menu
- Open Control Panel
- Select User Accounts
- Hit on Create a new account.
- Enter the account name and password
- Set Administrator as the type of account
- Click on Create Account
New User Account on Windows 8-10.
For creating a new administrator account on Windows 8/ 8.1 or 10, follow the steps given below:
- Go to settings
- Select Accounts
- Click on Family and other Users.
- Select ‘Add someone else to this PC.’
- Now, select the option that says ‘I don’t have this user’s info.’
- Proceed by Selecting Add a user without a Microsoft account
- Enter Username and Password along with Password hint. Hit next
- Sign into the new user.
- Quickbooks POS physical inventory scanner: Wireless.
- Quickbooks POS network setup. How to setup the complete network step by step?
- Quickbooks POS unable to connect to server.
You have successfully created a new user with administrative privileges. Now, try logging in into QB POS. Your software should work fine now. If the error still persists, then right click on QB POS. Select Run as Administrator. This will provide the software with the necessary permissions to run smoothly.
QuickBooks POS is great for managing a large amount of inventory and is nothing short of a benediction for retailers. It is a complete solution that includes cash register, monitor, iPad, barcode scanner and all other POS essentials. In fact, QB POS is the best POS program on the market and can sync all the data directly with QB Desktop. Thus, retailers get access to better accounting tools.