Memorized reports in QuickBooks not working
Quickbooks is a highly admired piece of software in the world of accounts. Though the team at Intuit continues to work to make things better but still many people face issues while working on the program. The most common of them being with memorized transactions.
There are more than 100+ reports available in QuickBooks which are available to view and analyze your financials. But sometimes there comes an issue and you are not able to get them right.
Sometimes you face an error and sometimes the report you see just not gives you the true info.
If you open up the sales report then what you get to see is a very general report which doesn’t give you the current balances of your sales. This is how the program is designed. If you want to see current balances then a slight change in the settings are required.
Though the problem in reports in not a big issue as they can be modified easily if you face error in memorized transactions then simply you see an error. If you are not able to open up your memorized transaction report then you get an error in your .log file.
Error messages you see:
“Report contains invalid formatting. Recnum 1** The report must be deleted.”
The error message displayed may vary differently in different QB versions. The above message may be the result of many different factors, they may be:
- Either because the path that points to the memorized transactions is damaged or
- The path itself no longer exists,
What you can possibly do is either:
- Troubleshoot the error or,
- Recreate the report.
You would need to try both of them if the one is not working. Thus without any further ado, let’s right jump into it.
Troubleshoot your error.
Here the very first thing you would need to do is to Resort the list. This you can do through the way of following steps:
- Head over to the Memorized Report section. Navigate the path to reach the section. It’s like: Reports > Memorized tab > Memorized Reports list.
- Now hit the Memorized Reports list drop down menu and you will see a section called Resort.
- Choose the Resort tab.
- Here you will see a dialogue box with a message like: “Your report will be returned in its original order”.
- Hit OK.
- Now head over to the files tab and click on the Rebuild data from the Utility tab.
- The system will ask you to backup files. Hit OK and your data will start to rebuild.
- When the process completes, you would need to verify your data This step will be required to find any further damages.
- If you still see an error message then you will have to use your .log file.
- Locate the file on your system and click open it. If you don’t know how to find QBwin.log then head over to this article.
- Open up the most recent file. Log files are arranged date-wise. Thus the latest log files can be found at the bottom.
- Locate the Lvl-Error using the CTRL+F function.
- Just simply go through the instructions and verify data again. If you still see errors and redo the steps above.
Recreate your report:
In order to recreate your Memorized report, we would suggest that you have a backup of your QuickBooks company files. Deal this with extra caution. If you don’t want to take any risk with your financial data then take expert advice. You can even give us a call at our Quickbooks customer support number at ✆ +1800-270-1894 and get it resolved.
If you are comfortable doing all by yourself then follow the steps:
- Open up your Memorized reports list.
- Click on the drop down option within it and choose to create a New group.
- Under the names tab, fill in the name you like. Please remember the name as we would be using it in the steps going forward.
- Now move all the damaged files in this group folder.
- Head over to the memorized report section and choose resort list.
- This will open up a dialogue box with a message. Hit OK on that.
- Since it will take time for the changes to appear thus, log off from Quickbooks and login back and your changes will be displayed now and your issue will also be resolved.
If you are still facing issues then talk to our Quickbooks customer support team at ✆ +1800-270-1894 and get your issue resolved.