QuickBooks Point of Sale was Unable to Activate the Product
QuickBooks POS for is perfectly designed system to track sales, customers and inventory easily and quickly. Activating QuickBooks POS software is a very easy process. You need to go to the file menu, select set up interview and then select payment tab. Select yes to accept debit and credit cards and that it. The software is activated. But at times users face the error code 176104 that categorizes QuickBooks Point of Sale is not activated on the server station. When attempting to open Point of Sale on a client workstation, you see the following warning – 176104 QuickBooks Point of Sale is not activated on the server workstation.
Main Causes of the Error 176104
- The Intuit Entitlement Service is stopped or is not running properly.
- The Entitlement Client data files are damaged.
- The server copy of Point of Sale software has not been registered.
- The Client copy of Point of Sale system has been started prior to the Server copy of Point of Sale having been run for the first time.
- The Point of Sale installation is damaged.
- A firewall blocking or restricting one or more Point of Sale files.
- Your system may be experiencing network connectivity issues.
How to Resolve the Error?
Solution 1: Update Point of Sale to the current release
- Click exit on update screen.
- Choose Help -> select Check for Software Updates.
- Allow Point of sale to update.
Solution 2: Register Point of Sale
- At the Server copy of Point of Sale, select Help and choose Registration. Register Point of Sale.
- Start the Server copy of Point of Sale and restart the Client copy of Point of Sale.
Solution 3: Ensure Point of Sale services are running properly
- Press Windows + R, to get the search window.
- Enter services.msc.
- In the services window, search for Intuit Entitlement Service vx.x. Double-click to open the service.
- If the Service Status is stopped, click Start to change the status to Started. If the Service Status is already Started, click Stop and start the service again after it has been stopped.
- Click OK and close the window
- Open POS software again
Solution 4: Repair Entitlement Client data files
- Go to: Windows 8,7 and Vista: C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\vx.x
Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Intuit\Entitlement Client\vx.x
- Press the CTRL + A keys to select all the files in the folder and then press Delete.
- Open Point of Sale again and complete the registration process again.
Solution 5: Configure Windows Firewall on client and server workstations
- Use Point of Sale firewall configuration files, ports and paths.
- After configuring the Windows Firewall, open Point of Sale again.
Solution 6: Perform a re-install of Point of Sale
- Follow steps to perform a clean re-install for Point of Sale.
The QuickBooks experts ProAdvisors provide you instant resolution so that you can resume your work hassle free. The Intuit certified Proadvisors are approachable via various modes like phone support,QuickBooks email support, live chat etc. Sometimes due to some valid reasons you fail to reach the support professionals. In such scenario you can contact other reliable agencies.
Choose QuickBooks Professionals for resolving your firewall issue. It is an independent technical support provider for QuickBooks accounting software and peripherals. It houses experienced and knowledgeable professionals who with their combined skills help to resolve the issues. The resolution offered is complete and assured to be resolved in the minimum wait time. Contact us dialing our toll free help desk number